For more info about installation, from server to screen, please contact us.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR HOSPITALS: HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE Recommendations for hospitals with the following primary functions and with max. 100,000 devices/displays.
• Live TV
• Interactive information pages
• Integrations such as BEST Service Calls®, network monitoring, service ordering or survey management systems.
THE SYSTEM COMPRISES THE FOLLOWING HARDWARE COMPONENTS
• Hibox Smartroom Server running Hospital DMD®
• Headend processors for conversion of live
• DVB-T2/C/S2 channels for IPTV frameworks
• Transcoders for reducing the bandwidth requirement for live TV/radio
• VOD streaming server (not mandatory)
• Smart TVs / Professional displays HARDWARE RECOMMENDATIONS FOR THE SERVER
• CPU: Quad Core processor
• RAM: Minimum 8 GB
• System disk: 100 GB on a mirrored, hot-swappable RAID array
• NIC: 1Gbps copper or fibre interface
• PSU: Redundant, hot-swappable PSUs The server may be physical or virtual and be hosted by a third party. Full redundancy is recommended for maximum stability
HEADEND HARDWARE RECOMMENDATIONS (NOT MANDATORY)
• Teleste Luminato
• Triax TDX Note: The number of processors is dependent on the channel configuration selected
DISPLAY COMPATIBILITY WITH HOSPITAL DMD® Hospitality Smart TV with built-in browser, from the following brands:
• Samsung Smart Hospitality with H-Browser and SSSP/TIZEN
• LG with Pro:Centric Smart functionality
• Philips MediaSuite and the HeartLine series Contact us at email@example.com for a full list of compatible displays
NETWORK CAPACITY RECOMMENDATIONS Recommended network capacity for live TV (multicast):
• 3-4 Mbps per SD channel
• 8-20 Mbps per HD channel Recommended network capacity for VOD (unicast):
• 3-4 Mbps per SD stream
• 10 Mbps per HD stream
Current statistics indicate 5-10% parallelism (concurrency) at peak times. Note: The bandwidth can be reduced significantly using an appropriate transcoder. The interactive menu content requires very little bandwidth in comparison, and can be omitted from these capacity calculations.
SERVER SOFTWARE ENVIRONMENT FOR HOSPITAL DMD® Recommended operating system: Ubuntu or Red Hat.